Main purpose of role
To undertake the Telecoms Apprenticeship successfully through to completion and achieve level of Support Engineer. Reporting in to nominated Mentor within the company.
- Work closely and professionally with clients, staff and suppliers both on and off site.
- Assist in warehouse/stockroom duties. Goods In/Out and general housekeeping.
- Provide top level customer service.
- Help with the preparation and maintenance of all equipment.
- Assist in general maintenance throughout the building, such as shelving, trunking etc.
- Checking/testing delivered equipment.
- Ensure that all study requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner, e.g. coursework, tasks, etc.
- Attend scheduled progress meetings with the nominated mentor within the business.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- An interest in learning new skills and enthusiasm to complete the apprenticeship.
- Attend college when required as per course timetable, this may involve staying away for intensive courses.
- Able to drive or currently learning to drive.
- General interest of new technologies.
- Interest to learn new IT and networking skills.
- Excellent communication skills both professionally and personally.
- Excellent technical ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a strong team work ethic, be disciplined, hard-working and reliable.
- A positive minded self-starter able to use own initiative.