Cherry & White Ltd is an established company serving Military, Government, Transport and Utility markets. The company is now positioned for a new stage of growth and wish to appoint a Technical Support Engineer who will be fundamental to that expansion, accordingly for the right applicant, a defined career path is available with future options available.
The company markets a wide range of PDH, SDH, Ethernet and Wireless based networking equipment providing capability up to STM64, MPLS and 4G networks. We provide and manage a variety of SNMP based network management systems that run on Linux or Windows servers, therefore a good understanding of server operating systems is desirable.
We are looking for a positive, hardworking candidate who is willing to learn and keep on top of modern communication technologies as the telecommunication industry evolves. Our company enjoys a reputation for integrity and strong technical capability and the applicant will need to be a team player who can contribute in an open environment, each person is expected to contribute, accordingly we are looking for a person with Ethernet/IP/MPLS experience and with an understanding of the other technologies. This person must also be capable of applying this knowledge both on site with customers and in house.
Ideally the applicant should be educated to HNC level or above in a telecommunications field and hold security clearance such as SC or DV
We provide 24/7 support to our customers so the ability to participate in a “week on – 3 weeks off” out of hours rota is essential. This will take the form phone support, Email support and the occasional site visit.
The company is offering an attractive salary for the right person. The initial employment will be a 6 month trial period followed by a permanent contract if the candidate’s performance has been satisfactory. Upon completion of the trial period the candidate will also be offered a contributory private pension scheme where on Cherry & White will contribute 3% of the annual salary.
- A very good understanding of Layer 2 – Layer 4 based Ethernet technologies including MPLS & MPLS-TP
- At least a basic understanding of PDH & SDH technologies.
- Familiar with a range of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, optical power meters & light sources, frequency counters, BERT’s and multimetres.
- Good customer facing skills.
- Ability to work as part of team or autonomously using their own initiative.
- A good understanding of server and standalone computer operating systems.
- Experience with SNMP management systems.
- The ability to train other members of the team and customers.
- Experienced in fault finding methodology.
- A good work ethic that shows pride for their work.
If your are interested in the position please apply via the form below