DM155 is a device that converts CMI-encoded electric signals at 155Mbit/s (as per G.703) to optical signals also at 155Mbit/s. Desktop converter (175x194x40mm), with 93-253VAC and 48VDC automatic power supply.
- STM-1 Electical/Optical Converter
- Provides Automatic Laser Shutdown (ALS)
- The electrical interface is BNC coaxial connector with 75 Ohm impedance
- Provides loop tests
The DM155 is available in three different versions according to the type of fibre optics required:
- Multimode operating at 1310nm. With SC/PC connector and –20 dBm Tx power. Receiving sensitivity of –30 dBm.
- Single-mode operating at 1310nm. With SC/PC connector and –15 dBm Tx power. Receiving sensitivity of –34 dBm.
- Single-fibre, single-mode (Tx and RX on the same fibre) operating at 1310/1550nm. With SC/PC connector and –15 dBm Tx power. Receiving sensitivity is –32 dBm.
The electrical interface is BNC coaxial connector with 75 Ohm impedance. It performs signal retiming, which avoids any jitter insertion in the media conversion, allows loop tests on both interfaces.
Provided with ALS-Automatic Laser Shutdown, ensuring higher safety during installation or troubleshooting. This facility may be switched off by means of straps if specific tests are to be carried out in the module.
Provides the following configurations: permanent loop on optical and electrical interfaces allowing the use as repeater, disabling optical and electrical ports alarm generation, disabling front panel test keys.
It has light signaling (LEDs) to report: alarm indication, link activity on both interfaces and equipment power status indication.