The DM704SE is a device that uses the G.703 interface at 2,048kbit/s, with a frame structure in conformity with G.704, a V.35/V.11 interface or an Ethernet interface with the bridge remote functionality. Comprised of a standard-size card, which can be used for both chassis and subracks in for modem/converter cards.
The equipment offers three operation modes: E1 to digital interface signal conversion, Ethernet to E1 interface conversion and also Ethernet to digital interface conversion. Only two interfaces can be used at the same time.
Allows transparent channel operation (not structured by G.704), with bridge communication or digital interface communication at G.703 interface rates (2,048kbit/s).
Easy cascading allows for many DM704 to be connected on the same E1 link, allocating different channels for each converter, and thus allowing more than one port over a single E1 link.
Operations with both internal and external clocks (digital interface CT113) or regenerated from the G.703 signal received.
Automatic commuting to the internal clock in the absence of the external clock or the G.703 signal.
Offers an Ethernet 10/100BaseT bridge interface with VLAN support.
Local analog link loop, local digital loop, remote digital loop (V.54) and standard bit error ratio test (BERT) generator, associated through the terminal, per CT140 and CT141 or management.
Power supply LED indicators, CT103, CT104, CT105, Ethernet link, CT109, BERT – test and error.
Configuration using a terminal or PC computer through a controlling port with V.24/V.28 (RS232) interface, available through the DB9 female connector in the front panel. Also allows users to manage another DM704 converter (series III/IV/V).
Management, which can be used in association with DATACOM DMG20 management card so the DM704SE series V converter can be monitored by an SNMP manager (DM705 or DM706C multiplexor). With remote management, the DM704SE allows the SNMP manager to have access to the remote equipment, which can be both a DM704S/SE and a DM704C/CE. These features allow you to configure, monitor and activate test loops to verify performance and location of loop errors.
Fractional Interface converter;
- The equipment offers three operation modes: E1 to digital interface conversion, Ethernet to E1 interface conversion and also Ethernet to digital interface conversion. Only two interfaces can be used at the same time;
- 1 E1 interface (G.703-G.704), 1 V.35 interface (V.35-V.36/V.11) and 1 bridge Ethernet 10/100BaseT interface with VLAN support;
- Totally configurable through terminal emulation or remote management;
- Operates at N x 64kbit/s to 2,048kbit/s;
- Local analog link, digital link and digital remote link (V.54) through the front panel keys;
- Standard bit error ratio test (BERT) generator, activated by one of the front panel keys;
- Remotely manageable by the DMView platform through another converter and/or operating associated with a DM705-SUB concentrator;
- Card compatible for subrack for modem/converter cards.