The CW4002 is an X21 or RS530 Fibre Optic Modem that provides reliable, synchronous transmission over fibre, at data rates between 70 bps to 10Mbps. The CW4002 supports a number of clocking options, including a third clock option where both asymmetric and symmetric communication is supported.
The CW4002 FOM is designed to be used with the CW4000 Series Chassis.
The CW4002 Fibre Optic Modem can be used in 6 different transmission modes:
- X21 External Clock – This Mode uses a single clock received from the X21 interface.
- X21 Internal Clock – Similar to X21 External clock except that the clock is generated by one of the CW4002s.
- RS530 Mode 1 – This Mode uses two independent co-directional clocks received from the RS530 interface.
- RS530 Mode 2 – Similar to RS530 mode 1 except that the clocks are in the same direction.
- RS530 3 Clock Asymmetric – Uses a third clock input looped back in the external equipment to overcome timing problems with high speed transmission.
- RS530 3 Clock Symmetric – Similar to RS530 3 Clock Asymmetric except that the clocks are not independent.
The CW4002 is a great replacement for the Probot 3006.