The DM704C converts G.703 signals at 2048kbit/s, with a frame structure according to G.704 for V.35 and V.36/V.11 interface signals. It is offered as a desktop chassis (195x200x44mm) with automatic selection of 93-250VAC or 36-72VDC power supply.
Allows transparent channel operation (not structured by G.704), with digital interface communication at G.703 interface rates (2,048kbit/s).
Easy cascading allows for many DM704 to be connected on the same E1 link, allocating different channels for each converter, and thus allowing more than one port over a single E1 link.
Operations with both internal and external clocks (digital interface CT113) or regenerated from the G.703 signal received.
Automatic commuting to the internal clock in the absence of the external clock or the G.703 signal.
Local analog link, digital link and digital remote link (V.54) through the front panel keys by CT140 and CT141 or management;
Standard bit error ratio test (BERT) generator, activated by one of the front panel keys.
Power supply LED indicators, CT103, CT104, CT105, CT109, BERT.
Remote management by E1 interface, which together with the DM705 and DM706C multiplexors or the DM704S/SE (series IV/V) using DATACOM’s DMG20 management card, allows users to configure, monitor and activate test links to verify performance and location of link errors.
The automatic remote converter configuration allows the DM704V series V to automatically configure the DM704S (series IV/V) or the remote DM704C (series IV/V), if management is enabled and an HDLC communication channel is setup. Configuring the remote equipment follows the same steps as local configuration, except for clock configurations, which in the remote are always regenerated.
- Fractional Interface converter;
- 1 E1 interface (G.703-G.704) and 1 V.35 interface (V.35-V.36/V.11);
- Configurable through DIP;
- Operates at N x 64kbit/s to 2,048kbit/s;
- Local analog link, digital link and digital remote link (V.54) through the front panel keys;
- Standard bit error ratio test (BERT) generator, activated by one of the front panel keys;
- Remotely manageable by the DMView platform through another converter and/or operating associated with a DM705-SUB concentrator;
- Automatic configuration of the remote converter.