The DM704S converts G.703 signals at 2.048kbit/s rates with G.704 frame structures to V.35 or V.36/V.11 interfaces. It is comprised of a board of subrack dimensions, which can be used in both chassis and subracks. These are the main features included:
Allows transparent channel operation (not structured by G.704), with digital interface communication at G.703 interface rates (2,048kbit/s).
Easy cascading allows for many DM704 to be connected on the same E1 link, allocating different channels for each converter, and thus allowing more than one port over a single E1 link.
Operations with both internal and external clocks (digital interface CT113) or regenerated from the G.703 signal received.
Automatic commuting to the internal clock in the absence of the external clock or G.703 signal received.
Local analog link, digital link and digital remote link (V.54) through the front panel keys by CT140 and CT141 or management;
Standard bit error ratio test (BERT) generator, activated by one of the front panel keys.
Power supply LED indicators, CT103, CT104, CT105, CT109, BERT.
Allows users to disable panel key functions.
Management, which can be used in association with DATACOM DMG20 management card so the DM704S series V converter can be monitored by an SNMP manager (DM705 or DM706C multiplexor). With remote management, the DM704S allows the SNMP manager to have access to the remote equipment, which can be both a DM704S/SE and a DM704C/CE.
It also allows managers to activate test loops to verify performance and locate loop errors. The automatic remote converter configuration allows the DM704S series V to automatically configure the DM704S (series IV/V) or the remote DM704C (series IV/V), if management is enabled and an HDLC communication channel is setup. Configuring the remote equipment follows the same steps as local configuration, except for clock configurations, which in the remote are always regenerated.
- Fractional Interface converter;
- 1 E1 interface (G.703-G.704) and 1 V.35 interface (V.35-V.36/V.11);
- Configurable through DIP;
- Operates at N x 64kbit/s to 2,048kbit/s;
- Local analog link, digital link and digital remote link (V.54) through the front panel keys;
- Standard bit error ratio test (BERT) generator, activated by one of the front panel keys;
- Remotely manageable by the DMView platform through another converter and/or operating associated with a DM705-SUB concentrator;
- Card compatible with subrack for modem.