The DM820 is a new generation multi-service access platform shelf of 2U high, compatible with standard 19-inch racks. It adds multiservice functionality to the access applications for transport networks. Has a nonblocking SDH cross-connection matrix with 4G capacity and granularity of VC-4/3/12, cross-connection DS0 matrix (64kbit/s) with 252 E1s capacity, STM-4/1, Fast and Gigabit Ethernet, E1 and E3 interfaces. All these features enable the implementation of voice, video and data services with reduced cost.
The DM820 platform is fully flexible, providing 2 slots for compact Main Processing Units (MPU), 2 slots for interface cards compatible with the DM800 series, 2 slots for power supply, 2 slots for specific interface cards and 2 slots for ventilation modules. All cards can operate in redundancy, increasing reliability and network availability.
Dimensions: 444.80 x 86.8 x 264.3 mm (W x H x D)
Hot-swap on all modules
Operation temperature: 0 to 55°C
- Power consumption: 80W typical, 210W maximum
- Cross-connect in VC-12, VC-3 and VC-4
- Permits cross connection of 64bit/s timeslots with a capacity of 504 E1s
- Includes 2 slots for E1, E3/T3, Ethernet and SDH interface modules
- Includes 2 slots for reduced interface modules with E1 and housekeeping
- Internal clock;
- 2048kHz external clock input via a connector in the DM820-ICRHK module;
- SDH and E1 interface regenerated clock.
- Supports inputs from -48 up to -60VDC or 100 up to 240VAC
- All modules include a redundant power circuit
- Rotation monitoring
- Supports 2 redundant ventilation modules
- Speed control based on equipment temperature