The DM881 is a SDH multiplexer and multiservice concentrator. It supports a switching matrix with a SDH capacity between 7.4G and 40G, and also includes a DSO cross-connect between 384 E1s and 1002 E1s. It operates with the following interfaces: E1, E3/T3, STM-1, STM-4, STM-16, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. It offers SDH-NG functionality and can concentrate up to 384 E1 ports per chassis.
The DM881 is a new generation multiplexer with multiservice functionality, developed for transport, access and data switching applications. The modules of the matrix and control have a SDH cross-connect capacity between 7.4G and 40G, with a DSO cross-connect capacity between 384xE1 and 1008xE1.
Completely modular, it has 12 slots for electric or optic interfaces. Two service slots for V.11 interfaces, housekeeping, RS232 and service channel.
- Chassis with 9U for a 19” rack
- Caters to E1 applications up to STM-16
- MSP, SNCP and MS-SPRing protection
- Supports EPS protection for E1, E3/T3 and STM-1E interfaces
- 2 slots for the cross-connect and management matrix, 12 slots for interface cards and 2 slots for service cards
- Supports hot-swap in all modules
- Power – 48/60VDC with redundancy
- Operation with redundancy
- Implements cross-connect at 64kbit/s timeslot level
- Implements cross-connect at VC12, VC3 and VC4 level
- Includes 12 slots for E1, E3/T3, Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet and SDH interface cards
- It has 2 slots for service cards with V.11, RS232, housekeeping and service channel interfaces.
- Internal clock
- 2048kHz external clock input via a connector in the MPU card
- SDH or E1 interface regenerated clock.
- Supports inputs of -48 to -60VDC
- All cards have a redundant power circuit