The PL-1000GT is a modular muxponder/transponder solution for cost effectively building 100G coherent DWDM long haul (up to 2,500 km with standard inline EDFA) DWDM networks.
The PL-1000GT uses pluggable optical modules on all client optical interfaces, as well as standard-based protocols on both client and line.
The LightWatch NMS/EMS system and user-friendly web-based management tool allow comprehensive line and service performance monitoring and easy network management.PL-1000GT Datasheet
The PL-1000GT is designed for transporting a mix of 10G/40G/100G over long haul networks on a single 100G wavelength, reducing the overall solution CAPEX and OPEX and increasing the capacity of the optical transport solution by a factor of 10.
Powerful Feature Set
The PL-1000GT 1U device can operate in both transponder and muxponder modes and supports multi services such as 10G/40G/100G LAN, STM-64/OC-192 SDH/SONET, 8G Fibre Channel and OTU2/2e/OTU4 OTN.
The device supports performance monitoring on both client and OTN lines. It can compensate for chromatic dispersion of 40,000 ps/nm and, with an integrated optical amplifier, it can cover 45dB without intermediate sites.
Efficient Long Haul Transport – Provides ease and flexibility to transmit a mix of services over a single wavelength in challenging long haul applications.
- 100G coherent muxponder and transponder in one box
- User-configurable muxponder options:
- 10 x 10G client services into 100G DWDM uplink
- 2 x 40G LAN + 2 x 8/10G client services into 100G DWDM uplink
- 1 x 40G LAN + 6 x 8/10G client services into 100G DWDM uplink
- Supported clients: 10G/40G/100G LAN, 8G Fibre Channel, STM64/OC192, OTU2/OTU2e/OTU4
- The highly integrated 1U architecture
- Coherent OIF standard-based tunable uplink covering over 2,500 km
- Standard MSA pluggable optics for 100G-LR4/ER4/SR10 client interface
- Performance monitoring on all interfaces
- Out-of-band OSC or GCC in-band remote management
- Dual DC power feeding and pluggable fan unit
- Building efficient DWDM long haul networks with up to 2,500 km spans
- Increasing the capacity and spectral efficiency of existing 10G/40G long haul networks
- Alien wavelength over existing third party WDM infrastructure
- Carriers and ISPs which require high capacity long haul backbone
- Backbone for utility, oil, gas and mining industries
- Backup links for an existing 10G/40G/100G network
- Long haul connectivity for data centre, cloud computing and video application
- Easy and flexible transmission of mix of services over a single wavelength in long haul applications
- Ability to transport 10G/40G and 100G services in one box
- High spectral efficiency for long haul solutions
- Tunable DWDM 100G uplink which can be used as an alien wavelength over any existing DWDM network
- 1U with integrated EDFA for high attenuation links