The PL-1000RO offers ROADM functionality based on the most advanced next generation wavelength-selective switch (WSS) technology.
The solution offers highly flexible wavelength routing capabilities suitable for mesh, ring, linear add/drop, core and edge DWDM network topologies. The PL-1000RO supports colourless, directionless and both 50GHz and 100GHz grids.PL-1000RO Datasheet
The PL-1000RO ROADM is configured dynamically to add/drop selected wavelengths at any node in the network and seamlessly change the network node capacity as needed. In addition, it automatically maintains the equalization and power balance of the added and bypassed wavelengths.
The product integrates an EDFA for amplifying the wavelengths and a tunable dispersion compensation module (DCM) for delivering effective and flexible wavelength routing.
Powerful Feature Set
The PL-1000RO ROADM simplifies network management and reduces operation costs (OPEX) by allowing fast deployment of new wavelengths remotely. The product fully integrates with the transponder/muxponder and OTN product families and is managed from PacketLight LightWatch NMS platform.
Fully Remotely Managed ROADM – Enabling A-to-Z provisioning between any of the remote sites using LightWatch NMS for power level monitoring and balancing across the entire network.
- Flexible add/drop of wavelengths
- Up to 8-degree ROADM
- Supports 10G/100G and 200G wavelengths
- Up to 96 C-band add/drop wavelengths (configurable)
- WDM spacing - 50Ghz or 100GHz
- Power monitoring on all channels
- Optical power equalization between all channels
- A-to-Z provisioning of wavelengths and protection from NMS system
- Simplifies configuration and management of mesh and ring-based DWDM network architecture
- Offers highly flexible wavelength routing capabilities suitable for mesh, ring, linear add/drop, core and edge DWDM network topologies
- Wavelength power balancer in amplified links
- Enables simple network management and reduces operation costs (OPEX) by allowing deployment of new wavelengths remotely
- Highly integrated 1U ROADM solution
- Optical power monitoring for all channels and automatic power balancing
- Supports optional embedded EDFA booster/preamp
- Optional internal 4/8 mux/demux, DCM and band splitters
- Embedded optical supervisory channel (OSC) for remote management
- Dual AC or DC pluggable power supply and pluggable fan unit
- User-friendly NMS to deploy new services, control and monitor the optical network