The PL-1000TN is a highly integrated 10G transponder for unified transport of different protocols such as 10G LAN, OTU2/OTU2e, STM64/OC-192 and 8G/10G Fibre Channel over common fibre optical network.
The PL-1000TN DWDM OTN transponder is designed for long distance, high-attenuation link budget, ROADM infrastructure with 10G connectivity for applications with a multi-protocol mix. The transponder meets market requirements for low power consumption and rack space savings, reducing overall solution CAPEX and OPEX.PL-1000TN Datasheet
The PL-1000TN processes client protocols either by mapping non-OTN 8G-10G protocols over an OTN line, or by directly transponding OTN clients. The unit can be managed by HTTP/HTTPS web browsers, CLI over Telnet/SSH, EMS, or third party SNMP system.
Powerful Feature Set
The PL-1000TN contains enhanced forward error correction (FEC) codes suitable for extremely long distances in amplified DWDM networks, eliminating the need for expensive regenerator sites and enabling an effective ROADM-based solution built on cascading a number of amplifiers across the infrastructure.
The unit provides a common transport layer for all client protocols regardless of the service type, with easy installation, management, and maintenance of the fibre optic infrastructure.
Highly Integrated 10G OTN Product – Provides an entire DWDM solution over dual or single fibre in a 1U platform with two embedded EDFAs, mux and DCM.
- 6 independent ITU G.Sup43 standard-based multi-rate 8/10G OTN transponders
- Supported clients: 10G LAN, 8G/10G Fibre Channel (FC), STM64/OC192, and OTU2/2e
- Three FEC types: ITU G.709 GFEC, G.975.1 I.4 and I.7 for enhanced performance
- Supports full C-band tunable DWDM on line side optics
- Supports multi-rate client interfaces over a common OTN infrastructure
- 1+1 facility and optical switch line protection
- Comprehensive performance monitoring and full OTN managed layer
- Optional integrated EDFAs, DCM, mux/demux and optical switch modules
- Remote management with in-band GCC or out-of-band optical supervisory channel (OSC)
- Dual AC or DC pluggable power supply and pluggable fan unit
- Cost-effective 1U platform with low power consumption, ideal for customer located equipment (CLE)
- Supports standard MSA pluggable SFP+ (client) and XFP (uplink)
- Operates on both single or dual fibre solutions
- Building efficient DWDM OTN transport solutions for enterprises over common OTN long distance optical network
- Building a robust packet optical network infrastructure
- Multi-rate OTN transpodner for ROADM-based applications
- Edge CPE device for end-to-end managed services over carrier OTN backbone
- Upgrading SONET/SDH backbones to OTN backbones
- OTU2/OTU2e OTN regenerator
- Long haul connectivity for up to 52dB using a single 1U device
- Unified transport of different protocols such as 10G LAN, STM64/OC-192 and 8G/10G Fibre Channel over common optical transport layer
- Smallest integrated transport solution of its kind, saving rack space
- Reduces cost of the backbone solution by cutting the number of required regenerators
- High link budget of 52dB loss without the need for inline amplifiers
- Low power consumption
- Reduces overall solution CAPEX and OPEX