The PL-2000 20G OTN ADM muxponder provides an efficient and flexible aggregation layer and cross-connect of multi-protocol/multi-rate sub-10G services into dual 10G uplink trunks.
The 10G OTU2 uplink can simultaneously aggregate SDH/SONET, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and native video services, providing a perfect access platform for multiple clients’ needs and allows merger of legacy and new services transparently and efficiently.PL-2000 Datasheet
Each of the client ports can support a wide range of rates and protocols such as FE, GbE, 1/2/4G FC/FICON, STM1/OC-3, STM4/OC-12, STM16/OC-48 and video signals of DVB-ASI, SD-SDI, HD-SDI, 3G SDI. Each client port can be mapped to any of the two uplink ports.
The PL-2000 supports ODU1 OTN cross-connect and can be used in ring and point-to-point applications. It also supports facility protection per each service.
Powerful Feature Set
In a point-to-point network, the PL-2000 can aggregate up to 16 multi-rate/multi-protocol services into a single 10G OTU2 uplink pipe with a second 10G OTU2 uplink pipe providing full uplink and fibre protection.
In a ring application, the device can aggregate up to 16 multi-rate/multi-protocol services into two dual 10G OTU2 while bypassing the pass-through services between the two uplink pipes.
The PL-2000 supports several FEC codes suitable for extremely long haul amplified DWDM networks, eliminating the need for costly regenerator sites for Sub-10G clients.
The solution forms a common transport layer for all sub-10G client protocols regardless of the service type with high spectral efficiency.
Sub-10G OTN Gateway – Provides a Sub-10G gateway for 10/100G OTN networks supporting LR and tunable DWDM uplink modules.
- Up to 16 multi-protocol and multi-rate services aggregation over single or dual OTU2 uplinks
- Service types supported: Fast Ethernet, GbE, 1/2/4G FC/FICON, STM-1/OC-3, STM-4/OC-12, STM-16/OC-48, and video protocols such as DVB-ASI, SD-SDI, HD-SDI, 3G-SDI
- Dual standard-based optical transport network (OTN) OTU2 uplinks supporting multiple forward error correction (GFEC/I.4/I.7) types
- 1+1 facility protection
- Supports line and service performance monitoring
- Optional integrated EDFA, mux/demux, DCM and optical switch
- Dual AC or DC pluggable power supply and pluggable fan unit
- Web-based GUI and SNMP EMS management
- Service providers multi-service access platform
- Transporting multi sub-10G services over long distance optical network
- Efficient aggregation of multiple native video streams over DWDM and OTN infrastructure
- Upgrading legacy infrastructure with new services
- Building efficient sub-10G service gateway for 10/100G OTN networks
- 16:1 muxponder of multi-rate clients over protected 10G OTU2 uplink
- Dual muxponders of multi-rate clients over 10G OTU2 uplink, with total aggregation of 20G
- Full transparency of multiple transport protocols
- Embedded ODU1 cross-connect for ADM applications
- Facility protection with less than 50ms switching time
- Performance monitoring on uplink and service ports
- Remote management and monitoring