The PL-400 WDM Sub 10G Transponder supports facility protection in CWDM, DWDM and dark fibre optical networks.
The PL-400 is designed primarily as an efficient Sub-10G multi-protocol optical transport device and is typically deployed as a service demarcation point for dark fibre providers, carriers, utility applications, and in enterprise campus networks.PL-400 Datasheet
All optical transceivers, both on the service side and on the CWDM DWDM-uplink side, are pluggable and replaceable, allowing pay-as-you-grow budget planning and simplified maintenance. Each service is configured independently using the user-friendly web-based management tool.
Powerful Feature Set
The PL-400 supports up to 8 high-speed services (2Mbps–4.25Gbps) over CWDM or DWDM. Chassis are stackable and when used with the PL-300 passive external mux can serve up to 16 CWDM wavelengths or up to 44 DWDM wavelengths. When used with the PL-1000IL Optical Amplifier, up to 16 DWDM wavelength can be muxed and amplified.
Low Latency Sub-10G DWDM – Sub microsecond latency end-to-end DWDM solution in a 1U platform, ideal for highly sensitive data centre and transport applications.
- CWDM/DWDM multiplexing of 8 multi-rate transponders from 2Mbps up to 4.25G client interfaces
- Flexible multi-rate interfaces support: GbE, 10/100M fast Ethernet, 1/2/4G FC, OC3/STM1, OC12/STM4, OC48/STM16
- Supports the following video protocols: DVB-ASI, SD-SDI, HD-SDI, 3G-SDI
- Supports multiple teleprotection transport over WDM and dark fibre networks
- Integrated dual EDFAs, mux/demux and remote optical management channels
- Built-in performance monitoring (FC, GbE, STM1/4/16, OC3/12/48)
- Bi-directional 3R ensuring error-free operation over distance
- Supports regenerator functionality
- Supports 1+1 facility protection
- Two embedded OSC for managing CWDM or DWDM applications
- Supports SNMP management and integration into third party management tools
- Scalable solution up to 44 wavelengths
- Highly sensitive data centre and transport applications
- Interconnects SAN and LAN islands over single fibre using CWDM or DWDM
- Managed service demarcation device for dark fibre and private CWDM/DWDM networks
- Fibre relief for high-capacity multi-tenant buildings and campuses
- Enables migration utilizing the same fibre for transport of SONET/SDH, Ethernet and teleprotection for utilities
- Transport of native video signals along with data protocols for cable TV operators and broadcasting networks
- Utilizing multimode fibre infrastructure to transport multiple GbE and FC services over 2 km
- Single fibre optical transition, reducing operation costs
- Highly integrated end-to-end CWDM/DWDM solution
- Simple installation, operation and maintenance
- Performance monitoring
- Low latency and low power consumption
- Video signal transport over CWDM/DWDM and dark fibre networks
- Teleprotection signal support for WDM and dark fibre networks