The DM4100 Series of standalone Gigabit and 10Gigabit Ethernet switches is comprised of several different models, supporting Layer 2/3 full Wire-Speed switching on all ports with optional MPLS.
Available models using 10/100/1000 BaseT Electrical ports include PoE and PoE+ support. All of the units measure 1U height, for stacking and installation in 19” racks.
- Wire-Speed Layer 2/3 switching on all ports. (IPv4/IPv6) with optional MPLS. Switching is executed via hardware, maximum switching capacity of 224 Gbits/s;
- L3/MPLS: DM4100 Series supports the construction of access networks based on Layer 3 protocols, typically OSFP, BGP and PIM, and MPLS through LDP, RSVP-TE and LDP over RSVP;
- Stackable: up to 8 devices can be stacked and act as a single node;
- Implementation of QoS within L2 toL4: 8 Queues per port, with traffic prioritization algorithms;
- Up to 4096 simultaneous VLANs: Port-based, Protocol-based, Double Tagging (Q-in-Q),Dynamic VLAN (GVRP) (based on MAC and IP-Subnet);
- Protection Mechanisms: STP, RSTP, MSTP and EAPS;
- IPv4 and IPv6 support;
- MAC Address Table: 32.000 MACs;
- OpenFlow Support;
Wire Speed L2/L3 and MPLS
- Maximum hardware switching capacity of up to 224Gbits/s. Full Layer 2/3 (IPv4/IPv6) and MPLS Support. Wire-Speed on all ports. Layer 2/ 3 protocols are implemented in software in order to assemble the MAC address, IP route and MPLS label tables.
Power Over Ethernet
- Available option for devices with electrical 10/100/1000 Base-T ports. Complies with IEEE 802.3at (PoE+) standards, able to provide up to 32.4W per port (Class 4).
- Fully centralized FCAPS management through DMView, over Windows or Solaris platforms. Management System includes Command Line Interface (CLI) with automated assistance in command syntax and parameters, accessible through SSH, Telnet or RS232 Console. An internal Web Server with SSL, SNMP agent and four RMON groups are available.
- Creating Access Control Lists (ACLs) in hardware, with multiple comparisons and actions parameters, allows for changing, forwarding, discarding or prioritizing packets without penalizing the equipment CPU.
- Tools for network and cabling infrastructure diagnosis are available. Possible to test continuity and shorts, showing the approximate distance of the problem. Port or packet flow monitoring and redirecting traffic to a specific port.
- Management for updating firmware and configuration: The DM4100 Series allows you to store two different firmware versions and four configurations profiles in the DMView Server, allows you to select the appropriate file without erasing the previous.
- The DM4100 Series provides 8 queues per port, with priority algorithms that determine the priority of a specific flow of data to always be implemented. The configuration of the weight for each queue include, definition of minimum sending rates, IP precedence or DSCP fields, TCP and UDP ports, with the possibility of even comparing Layer 7 data. Classification can be achieved using the IEEE 802.1p standards.
- Bandwidth control includes granularity of 8 Kbit/s in the CIR (Committed Information Rate) and PIR (Peak Information Rate) definition, and can be applied to port input or output traffic, or a specific package via filters.
- The DM4100 Series include mechanisms that secure the operation and maintenance of the installed network. Outside the use of encryption in link protocols, it is possible to specify which device or operator is able to access the network administration by the implementation of filters.
- Through local and remote Syslog, user authentication, authorization and accounting (AAA) via RADIUS and TACACS+, alarm notification via E-mail, single clock via SNTP, Protection against Denial of Service attacks and port authentication via 802.1x. It is possible to construct a reliable management database structure.
- Under Metro Ethernet applications the amount of MAC Address per port per VLAN are limited. This provides a protection mechanisms for Layer2 /3 protocols against network attacks and bandwidth limiting for traffic broadcast, multicast and Destination Lookup Failure (DLF).
- Building Virtual LANs in DM4100 Series allows you to use the entire 4096 VLANs as defined in the IEEE 802.1Q simultaneously, providing the functionality of double tagging (Q-in-Q). You are also able to define VLANs by protocol, MAC address, by IP-subnet, and by dynamic configuration protocol using GVRP.
- Available protocols include Spanning Tree protocols, along with RSTP with convergence times that are shorter, MSTP for better use of resources and greater scalability, as well as the EAPS protocol with recovery time in the order of milliseconds using Ethernet rings.
Using Link Aggregation functionality you can group physical ports to form logical groups with automatic load balancing and typical restoration times with sub-200ms recovery .
- FTTx offering Fibre-to-anywhere services, allows different types of models to be used according to the application, type of fibre, speed and applicable distance;
- Protection – The DM4100 Series offers protection mechanism for numerous topologies, including optical rings and redundant links;
- Power Over Ethernet – Supports Ethernet Link powering via PoE/PoE+ standards for devices, such as video cameras, wireless routers, IP telephones and other equipment.
- DM4100 Series are 1U by a 19″ rack mountable switches providing full range AC and DC redundant hot-swappable power supplies;