A module with 8 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. Operation implements the termination of TDM connections with a high density of clients, through PPP, MLPPP and HDLC protocols. Offers Layer 2 switch functions with VLAN, STP, RSTP, MSTP, Jumbo Frame and Traffic Management support for the complete implementation of QoS.
- 8 ports based on Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP).
- Learning table with support to up to 256,000 MAC addresses.
- Virtual LANs (VLANs), according to IEEE 802.1Q.
- STP and RSTP according to IEEE 802.1D and IEEE 802.1w.
- MSTP according to IEEE 802.1s.
Range Of Services
- Transparent point to point circuits;
- Traffic aggregation topologies and Ethernet Virtual Private Lines (EVPLs);
- Multipoint-multipoint E-LAN topologies.
- 8 ports based on Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP);
- Can be equipped with electric (10/100/1000BASE-T) or optical (1000BASE-X) Ethernet SFP modules;
- Autonegotiation Support;
- Operations in PPP nx64k mode, according to RFC1661 and RFC1662;
- nx64kbit/s Bridge mode compatible with DM991CE and DM704CE converters;
- MLPPP according to RFC1990 and RFC2686;
- Independent operating mode configuration in each client interface;
- L2 wire-speed switching support, according to IEEE 802.1D;
- Learning table with support to up to 256,000 MAC addresses;
- Virtual LAN (VLAN) support, according to IEEE 802.1Q;
- QinQ support, according to IEEE 802.1Q;
- STP, RSTP and MSTP support, according to IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1w and IEEE 802.1s;
Protection And Redundancy
- STP and RSTP support, according to IEEE 802.1D and IEEE 802.1w;
- EAPS loop protection system support, according to RFC 3619;
- Permits traffic aggregation and link redundancy through Link Aggregation support, according to IEEE 802.3ad.
- Support to 8 traffic classification queues per port;
- Flow classification per CoS (IEEE 802.1p) or DSCP (RFC 2474);
- Policing support for low latency voice and video flows;
- Support to traffic shaping for data flows;
- Permits CIR, PIR, CBS and PBS configuration per port;
- Queue and traffic management through Weight Fair Queuing (WFQ);