With 2 monitoring ports (3 and 4), you can have 2 copies of that aggregate data, or when link utilization is high, keep the full duplex streams separate. For additional flexibility, the monitor ports can also receive traffic from an external mirror port or another tap, providing you the ability to tap a link and add other traffic into a single output port.
- View entire full-duplex conversations using single interface monitoring tools
- Decrease reliance on switch resources for network management visibility
- Eliminate SPAN port contention, oversubscription, and configuration errors
- Deploy tools immediately without impacting your production network
- Easily share tap ports for improved monitoring without maintenance windows
- Single point of deployment and remote management minimizes management expenses and MTTR