The PL-1000GM is a highly integrated transponder/muxponder platform for providing unified 100G optical transport layer, supporting a variety of client services protocols, including: 10G/40G/100G LAN, STM64/OC-192, OTU2/OTU2e and 8GG Fibre Channel.
The PL-1000GM modular solution provides 100G transport cost effectively, enabling smooth and efficient service roll-out. The PL-1000GM uses standards-based, pluggable, optical modules on all optical interfaces on both client and line. The solution meets market demands for low power consumption and rack space savings, reducing overall CAPEX and OPEX and enabling to easily and cost-effectively increase capacity of enterprise and metro networks.PL-1000GM Datasheet
PacketLight integrates up to two optical amplifiers, mux/demux and DCM modules in the same 1U chassis, offering the smallest and most integrated 100G transport solution in the industry.
Powerful Feature Set
The PL-1000GM seamlessly interconnects with third party DWDM equipment using LR4 or coherent CFP uplinks thus allowing easy and cost effective scalability.
Cost effective Capacity Expansion – Expanding 10G infrastructure capacity to 100G easily, quickly and cost effectively.
- The highly integrated 1U architecture
- 100G muxponder and transponder in one box
- User-configurable muxponder options:
- 10 x 10G interfaces into 100G DWDM uplink
- 2 x 40G Eth + 2 x 8/10G interfaces into 100G DWDM uplink
- 1 x 40G Eth + 6 x 8/10G interfaces into 100G DWDM uplink
- Low cost SR10 100G transponder mode
- 10 times better spectral efficiency than 10x10G links
- Supported clients: 10G/40G/100G LAN, 8G Fibre Channel, STM64/OC192 and OTU2/OTU2e
- Uplink based on coherent 50GHz tunable DWDM CFP for up to 1,200 km
- Standard MSA pluggable optics for 100G line and 8G/10G/40G/100G client interfaces
- Performance monitoring on all interfaces
- Integrated optical amplifiers and DCM for extended reach
- Out-of-band OSC or GCC in-band remote management
- Dual AC/DC pluggable power supply and fan unit
- Building 100G metro networks up to 1,200 km
- Providing 100G links over existing DWDM infrastructure (alien wavelength)
- High capacity enterprise and campus networks
- Data centre connectivity and cloud applications
- Point-to-point 34 dB link budget without inline amplifiers
- Last mile access/aggregation CPE for managed services providers
- 100G solution expandable up to 96 channels
- Supports any mix of 10G, 40G muxponder or 100G transponder in the same platform
- Highly integrated solution including EDFAs, mux/demux and DCMs
- Optical interface flexibility using pluggable optics for both client and line
- Low power consumption