The PL-1000IL DWDM platform is a 1U chassis designed to support a variety of optical applications such as extending the optical link power budget for building long distance DWDM solutions.
The PL-1000IL provides amplification for a range of optical solutions starting from single wavelength, up to full ITU C-band 96 DWDM wavelengths. The unit incorporates any four main types of low-noise Erbium-doped fibre amplifiers (EDFAs), booster, inline, and pre-amplifier, and Raman amplifier.PL-1000IL Datasheet
The EDFAs are gain-adjustable and flattened, and have high optical signal to noise ratio (OSNR), enabling to cascade several EDFAs to form an amplified OTN link over long distances without the need for regenerators or for building ROADM networks.
Powerful Feature Set
The PL-1000IL is fully managed, configured and monitored remotely as part of the network, via optical supervisory channel (OSC). In addition, the PL-1000IL supports both automatic gain control (AGC) and automatic power control (APC) operation modes. The amplifiers can be tuned to the network needs and monitored by the free web-based management tool or PacketLight LightWatch NMS.
In addition, the PL-1000IL can incorporate a mux/demux and an optical switch and serve in edge applications.
Integrated Optical Layer – Facilitates an integrated optical layer solution by incorporating optical amplifiers, mux/demux, dispersion compensation modules (DCM) and optical switch.
- Up to 4 amplifier modules in a 1U chassis
- Offers a variety of EDFA types: booster, inline, mid-stage, pre-amplifiers and hybrid Raman-EDFA
- Supports up to 96 wavelengths
- Supports AGC and APC operation modes
- Embedded OSC for remote management and topology detection
- Optional optical switch for facility protection
- Integrated single/dual DCM for long distance 10G amplified links
- Supports single and dual fibre operation
- Supports optional up to 16 channel mux/demux
- Dual AC or DC pluggable power supply and pluggable fan units
- Extending the optical link power budget to meet distance and attenuation requirements of DWDM networks
- Upgrading the optical link budget to support 10G/40G/100G services
- Reducing the number of regenerators and sites along the fibre
- Overcoming high loss in old fibre infrastructure
- Facility protection for fibre redundancy solutions
- Support inline, edge and unidirectional mid-stage applications.
- Fully managed as part of the DWDM link via dedicated integrated OSC
- Cost-effective, 1U platform with up to 4 DWDM amplifiers
- Full remote monitoring on the input and output power, and user-configurable gain
- Eye safety feature which automatically shuts down the EDFA when the output connector is interrupted, or not properly disconnected/terminated
- Fully integrated optical layer solution including mux/demux, amplifier, and DCM
- Highly integrated with PacketLight management platforms and transponder/muxponder products