The PL-1000 DWDM transponder is an active platform for transport of 10G data, TDM and storage applications, over dark fibre and WDM networks.
The PL-1000 is designed primarily to address the growing needs for high data capacity applications in enterprise networks such as DCI and data replication, which need to be transported over the same fibre, connecting two or more data centres.PL-1000 Datasheet
The PL-1000 supports up to 4 high-speed 10Gb Ethernet services. Each service is configured independently, using the user-friendly web-based management tool. Additionally, by stacking multiple PL-1000 units, customers can expand 4 wavelengths up to 96 wavelengths, achieving high level of scalability and low initial investment in a pay-as-you grow architecture.
Powerful Feature Set
The PL-1000 capabilities, dimensions and competitive cost make it the ideal solution for evolving metro Ethernet networks, enterprise networks, campus environments and central office connectivity.
Supports Flexible 10G Link Requirements – Provides the entire DWDM solution over dual or single fibre in a 1U box with dual embedded EDFA, mux and DCM.
- Up to 4 flexible multi-rate transponders supporting 10Gb Ethernet WAN/LAN, STM64/OC192, OTU2, and 10G Fibre Channel
- 1+1 facility and optical switch uplink protection
- Two embedded optical supervisory channels (OSC) for management
- Supports standard MSA pluggable client and uplink XFP
- Performance monitoring for STM64/OC192, 10G Fibre Channel and 10Gb Ethernet WAN/LAN
- Integrated mux/demux, DCM and two optical amplifiers
- Dual pluggable AC or DC power supplies and fan unit
- Point-to-point and regeneration topologies
- Web-based GUI and SNMP management as well as third party SNMP tools
- Low latency data centre interconnect (DCI) multiple 10G interfaces over the same fibre
- Interconnection of data and SONET/SDH sharing existing fibre between remote sites
- Overcoming power budget limitations while migrating from 1G to 10G
- Providing fibre path protection between 2 remote sites
- Effective infrastructure for triple play, NGN and DSLAM backhaul
- Enabling upgrade of CWDM or DWDM networks to support 10G services
- Utilizing multimode fibre infrastructure to transport multiple 10G services over 2 km
- Highly integrated end-to-end 10G solution
- Fully bi-directional 3R and performance monitoring for each protocol
- Ultra low sub-microsecond latency
- Operates for both dual and single fibre applications
- 1U, simple installation, operation and maintenance
- Scalable pluggable XFP-based pay-as-you-grow architecture
- Ability to stack chassis to a maximum 96 wavelengths 10G channels